Yoyo Dance 2021 Summer Term: July 5th to August 15th, 2021
This summer (July 5th to August 12th)，Yoyo School of Dancing will continue to provide a variety of activities and classes that will enrich your summer days with learning, art, and joy. Most of the classes will be online classes.
Special arrangement – family classes, buddy classes
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, many of us cannot see our friends and family or visit our relatives back in China. Yoyo School of Dancing is introducing new family and buddy class arrangements that will allow you to spend a fun hour each week with your family or friends and get fit together!
- Date & time: We will set up an appropriate timeslot based on your availability. You can take the class with family and friends in any location; just find a time that works for all of you! If the instructor’s schedule does not match up with yours, we will try to work out a timeslot that suits everyone.
- Duration: Registrations are accepted on a monthly basis (4 classes, 1 hour per each class)
- Format: online classes
- Class content: You can choose any class that is provided by Yoyo School of Dancing! Our popular classes for the family and buddy arrangements include yoga, fitness, flexibility/strength training, and targeted physique training. These classes are suitable for all ages, genders, and skill levels. Please contact us to discuss specific class details.
- Class fee: $76.13 per class (for maximum 5 students) + an additional $14.18 per class for each extra student.
- Special reminder: These fee guidelines only apply to family and buddy class arrangements.
How to register and important information for the summer term
You can now register for summer term classes! The summer term runs from July 5th – August 12th. Please read over the following information before registering:
- To ensure a high quality of instruction, each class has a maximum capacity of 6 students (except for family classes and buddy classes).
- To ensure teaching progress and proper management of the classes, students will not be allowed to drop in to other classes, make up for classes, or refund classes after they register. Please arrange your schedule to accommodate for the class ahead of time.
- Summer term online classes will be delivered in an online format, regardless of developments in the COVID-19 situation. We will not be switching to in person classes at the dance studios for the summer term.
- Policy for trial classes: The first trial class will be free of charge. Trial classes after the first one will cost $10 per class. You will only be permitted to try out each class once.
How to register:
- Look through the classes and information above (summer class listings)
- Fill out a registration form:
- You will be registered based on the time at which we receive the registration form and fees. We are now accepting registrations for the summer term. The registration deadline is on June 30, 2021.
- We are only accepting payment in the form of e-transfers. Please send e-transfers to email@example.com, set the security question answer to “yoyodanceedmonton”, and clearly state the summer term class code and student name in the note.
Reminder for the discount policy (class fees are ordered from highest to lowest, the discount cannot be combined with other discounts or applied to family and buddy classes):
- For the student themselves: the first class is regular price, the second class taken in the same term is 2% off, the third class taken in the same term is 5% off, and any additional classes taken in the same term are 10% off.
- For direct relatives (within 2 generations of the student): the first family member’s class is regular price, the second family member taking a class in the same term will receive a 2% discount, the third family member taking a class in the same term will receive a 5% discount, and any additional family members taking a class in the same term will receive a 10% discount.
Yoyo School of Dancing has introduced a community wellness free class series called “Together” during the COVID-19 outbreak to provide free public welfare classes and workshops. Even though we have to stay at home, we can still be together! The follow up information will be sent via email once ready.
Please note: early bird registration has ended
Yoyo Dance is accepting registrations for the 2021-2022 school year!
To ensure that all our dance classes can start smoothly in September, the instructors at Yoyo Dance have been working hard to make arrangements with consideration of the skill level, curriculum, and progression of each class. Now that everything is ready, we can begin our annual early bird registration for dance classes! We are offering a 5% discount on class fees (excluding registration fees, class attire fees, and performance costume fees) from May 14-16, 2021. There is a maximum capacity for each class, so make sure you register ASAP if you have your heart set on a class or an instructor!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ!
- We are starting registration now to give the dance school enough time to plan for the school year. If we cannot return to in-person classes in September due to COVID-19 restrictions, students can choose to attend online classes of the same age group and skill level or get a refund. Students who have registered for a class but cannot attend due to reasons not related to COVID-19 must follow the Yoyo Dance drop out policy.
- Some students from the 2019-20 school year who chose to take a hiatus from their lessons due to the pandemic have school credit. This school credit can be used directly to pay fees for the new school year. Please consider the following two options when you register:
- We recommend choosing a class that is a level higher than the one from which you took the hiatus (e.g. if you took a hiatus from a level 2 class, please choose a level 3 class for the new school year).
- If you would like to rejoin your original class, you will need to take an exam. This is because the rest of the students in the class have continued their lessons over the past year and have passed the year-end exam to move on to the next level. For example, if you took a hiatus from a level 2 class, the other students in the class have completed the level 3 course material and passed the exam to go from level 3 to level 4. The class will now be on level 4 course material when they start in September. If the student who took a hiatus rejoins this class, they have skipped all the level 3 training and there is a high risk of injury. Therefore, the dance school will not be allowing students to skip levels out of consideration for student safety. However, if the student has been practicing at home during the hiatus, they can take the exam and will be allowed to rejoin the class if the instructors believe they have met the skill requirements for a level 4 class.
- If you choose the first option, please register following the instructions provided below. If you choose the second option, please email the school to receive more details on the exam (exam content, date & time). There is a $30 exam fee.
- If you are a student from the 2020-21 school year (the current school year), your credit cannot be used towards registration for the new school year to avoid confusion. Due to the changes in AHS policies, the current classes have been paused twice and are not yet complete. It is also impossible to predict how the situation will progress, so there may be more changes to your credit from the current school year. We will calculate the credit balances from the current school year once the classes are complete. The online classes will end in mid-June and the in-person classes will end at the end of July. The credit summaries and refunds will be completed before the end of August. If you would like to check your current credit balance, please send us an email.
- We have only arranged in-person lessons so far for certain classes. You can select the in-person lessons for now, and if the COVID-19 situation has not changed in September and the class needs to be transferred to an online format, we will discuss the options for online classes or provide refunds at the end of August.
- There are currently no arrangements for classes downtown or on the north side because these government-owned locations are not available for rent right now. Students from the north side have the option of attending lessons online or at the studios in Windermere. We will reassess the situation in mid-August to see if we can reopen in-person lessons in the north side.
- We have set up in-person lessons temporarily in the west side studios; however, whether the classes will be able to begin according to plan depends on the pandemic situation at the end of August. This is because these are rented studios and will be shared with many other people, so we cannot control the level of disinfection.
- The dance school has only set up Chinese dance, some ballet, some Hip-hop, and some KPOP classes for now. The pandemic situation is still uncertain so arrangements for some classes will not be made until the end of August. If there is a specific class you’d like to attend that is not available on the early bird schedule and you would like to use the early bird discount, please contact us individually to help you register and discuss the class schedule.
- Starting in September, we will be joined by two new dance instructors – one for Hip-hop and one for ballet. Introductions for the new instructors will be sent out at a later date.
- We have intentionally scheduled a week of time prior to early bird registration to allow for questions. The dance school is usually extremely busy during registration season. If you have any questions, please contact us ASAP so we have a chance to respond before early bird registration begins.
- For your convenience, all class fees for the new school year include GST and the registration fee. If multiple members of your family will be attending classes, please contact us so we can subtract duplicated registration fees before you submit your payment.
- Please check the policies linked below before you register for classes. Make sure you understand the policies for class fees, discounts, drop outs, make-up classes, etc. to avoid any miscommunications.
Fees & Payment Policy
How to register:
Step 1: Check the class information linked below and select the class you want to attend (make sure you know the class code). We have provided multiple versions of the class schedule for your convenience:
Step 2: Fill out the registration form linked below (if there are technical difficulties while you are filling out the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register):
Step 3: e-Transfer fees to email@example.com. Please clearly state the student’s name and class code in the note and set the password to “yoyodanceedmonton”. Registration forms and fees must be submitted at the same time. The early bird discount will only apply to students who have submitted both the registration forms and fees during the May 14-16 period. The discount will no longer be applicable after 24:00 on May 16th. Receipts will be sent via email.