Special School Policies During the Pandemic
- These policies are valid from now until Dec. 31st, 2020. We will revaluate the policy after Dec. 31st, 2020, and inform everyone of any changes.
- During this period, Oct. 31 is no longer the deadline for withdrawal from classes. This is for both studio and online classes. You can choose to withdraw from classes anytime due to the pandemic. For better communication and organization, we will only accept withdrawal applications one week in advance via email. We won’t accept any withdrawal applications submitted within one week, or one week in advance but delivered in-person, via phone, via wechat, etc. We will process refunds based on the following three situations:
- If the student decides to drop out because of a confirmed COVID-19 case found at Yoyo School of Dancing, we will refund all fees (including the registration fee) except for the fees for the classes this student has attended and the fees for the dance attire she has received. The discount the student received will still be valid.
- If the student decides to drop out because she is confirmed positive for Covid-19, then we will refund all fees (including the registration fee) except for the fees for classes this student has attended and the fees for the dance attire she has received. The discount the student received will still be valid. Please provide us with the test result. The result is only for the dance school records. We will protect everyone’s confidentiality.
- If the student decides to drop out because of any other reason aside from the two reasons listed above, we will refund all fees except for the fees for classes this student has attended, the fees for the dance attire she has received, and the registration fee. The discount the student received will be invalid.
- If a Covid-19 case is found in the studio, studio classes will be suspended for disinfection and cleaning and the instructors will get tested. The classes during the suspension will be delivered as online classes according to the same schedule or will be arranged as studio classes after the suspension. Students do not have to attend the make up online or studio classes. Students who choose not to attend make up classes will receive school credit or a refund.
- If students cannot attend studio classes because of the three reasons listed below, they can choose one of the following two options: make up classes in a class with the same age and skill level, or receive school credit (this credit can be used toward any later payments and will not be refunded until October 2021 if the student does not continue dance classes in the 2021-2022 school year). For better communication and organization, please make sure to inform us via email before the class. We will not accept notifications in-person, via phone, or via wechat, etc., or after the class. This policy only applies to studio classes.
- Students must stay home because they have symptoms. We encourage every student who has symptoms to stay home and not attend studio class until the symptoms are gone.
- Students are confirmed positive for Covid-19 or have to be isolated because confirmed cases were found in other public areas like their public school or the workplace. If they were confirmed positive, please provide us with the test result. The result is only for the dance school records. We will protect everyone’s confidentiality.
- Parents or family members of the student cannot drive the student to studio classes because they are confirmed positive, or they have to be isolated because of a confirmed case found in a public area like their workplace.
- If online class students cannot attend classes because of quarantine, having symptoms, or a confirmed positive case, then they can choose one of the following three options: make up classes in a class with the same age and skill level, we will provide a video record of the whole class, or keep credit (this credit can be used for any later payment and will not be refunded until October 2021 if the student does not continue with dance classes in the 2021-2022 school year). For better communication and organization, please make sure to inform us via email before the class. We will not accept notifications in-person, via phone, via wechat, etc., or after the class. This policy only applies to online classes.
- The special policies above are set up only for the pandemic and any possible special situations caused by the pandemic. To maintain the best teaching quality, all drop outs and missed classes caused by non-pandemic reasons will still follow the original school policies. Below are some highlights:
- To ensure mandatory attendance of each class, no make-up classes are allowed (unless arranged by the teacher). No credit or refunds are given if students miss any classes due to non-pandemic reasons.
- If the teachers are not available to teach class due to illness or other circumstances, we will arrange for substitute teachers. If substitute teachers are not available, the teachers will arrange for make-up classes. If make-up classes cannot be arranged, we will refund the fee for that class.
- Students in Chinese dance and ballet standard classes must pass the year-end exam to enter the next level of study. Most students can pass the exam if they attend class and practice at home after class. The year-end exam will be arranged at the end of April during the regular class. If you miss the exam, you will need pay $30 to arrange another exam.
- Please try your best to attend classes regularly. In our teaching experience, any knowledge that students miss make it difficult for them to catch up with the class. The missed knowledge causes students to make the same mistakes repeatedly.
- For more policies, please click the link below: 2020-2021 School Policies
We will keep updating the special policies for the pandemic to deal with any unforeseeable situations caused by the pandemic. These policies are to ensure the safety of students and teachers as well as the survival of our school. We received this message from one mom last week: “In Edmonton, where we are far from China and we have fewer opportunities to learn Chinese dance, our kids are lucky to have all of these good teachers who try their best to maintain a high quality of teaching”. We were all very touched by this message. We trust everyone to be honest about their reasons for drop outs or missed classes. Please help us to help your kids to continue to have an enriching learning experience.
Thank you for working with us to build a better dance school for all the students!